Suche free ISP in Island

• Hi Dudes

Ich suche für einen Kunden einen Gratis ISP in Island. Er geht aus Geschäftlichen Gründen für 2 Wochen nach Island und braucht Internet übers Analogmodem am Notebook. Das ganze sollte ohne Abi auskommen.
    Ich wäre um eure Hilfe froh, ich habe nach 30 Mins googeln noch immer nichts gefunden!

Merci

TiGGeR

• Das würd ich vor Ort abklären. In anständigen Hotels haben die die nötigen Informationen.
    Teilweise kann man auch aufs Hoteleigene WLAN.

• würd ich persönlich ja auch so machen, aber ich kann 'nem DAU doch nicht zumuten vor ort alles abzuklären und einzurichten...
    ausserdem ist er glaub ich gar nicht in nem hotel sondern bei 'ner bekanntenfamilie zu hause, die kein internet haben

• ruf einfach auf die Gemeinde, in der er ist, an... die werden Dir schon helfen können. Diese Nummer sollte auffindbar sein.

In Lyss gibts nen neuen Club ==> http://www.opposition-lyss.ch

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you. "- JEREMY CLARKSON!

''She said she wanted to fulfill every single one of my fantasies. I made a list. Had to type it myself. My assistant threatened to quit.'' - DENNY CRANE!

• Ich frage mich, ob du davon ausgehst, dass wir jetz alle nach iPASS googlen oder ob du denkst, dass wir alle wissen was das ist :)
    Poste doch gleich ein paar Infos, dann wissen wir was das ist und dann hat
    der Thread auch einen Sinn =)

• aight...
    i2roam ist wohl weltweit einer der grössten ISPs überhaupt. in folgenden ländern kann man über i2roam das internet erforschen:

Aruba
    Australia
    Austria 135 5
    Azerbaijan 2 1
    Bahamas 1 n/a
    Bahrain n/a 2
    Belgium 1,281 19
    Bermuda 1 n/a
    Botswana 1 n/a
    Brazil 818 n/a
    Cambodia n/a 1
    Canada 273 10
    China 470 34
    Costa Rica 35 n/a
    Cyprus 7 n/a
    Czech Republic 123 1
    Denmark 32 8
    Ecuador 24 n/a
    Egypt n/a 13
    Fiji Islands n/a 2
    Finland 181 3
    France 765 25
    Germany 10,059 34
    Greece 99 n/a
    Hong Kong 203 2
    Hungary 3 3
    Iceland 2 1
    India 1 2
    Indonesia 21 8
    Ireland 203 8
    Israel 126 n/a
    Italy 714 14
    Jamaica 1 n/a
    Japan 4,948 14
    Jordan 1 n/a
    Korea (Republic of) 11,938 8
    Kuwait 66 n/a
    Latvia 1 n/a
    Lebanon 15 1
    Liechtenstein 1 0
    Lithuania 1 1
    Luxembourg 50 n/a
    Macau 33 n/a
    Malaysia 1205 19
    Malta 4 1
    Mexico 6 0
    Monaco 0 1
    Morocco n/a 2
    Netherlands 1,841 2
    Netherlands Antiles 1 0
    New Zealand 389 68
    Nicaragua 1 n/a
    Niger 1 n/a
    Norway 146 5
    Oman n/a 2
    Peru 3 0
    Phillippines 160 4
    Poland 5 6
    Portugal 950 1
    Puerto Rico 3 n/a
    Qatar n/a 4
    Saudi Arabia 10 1
    Serbia and Montenegro n/a 1
    Singapore 292 14
    Slovak Republic 1 1
    South Africa 366 n/a
    Spain 179 4
    Swaziland 1 n/a
    Sweden 397 4
    Switzerland 1,649 8
    Taiwan 1,737 2
    Thailand 260 6
    Turkey 1 2
    U.S Virgin Islands 1 n/a
    Uganda 1 n/a
    United Arab Emirates 7 20
    United Kingdom 10,468 246
    United States 23,132 1,148
    Vietnam n/a 2

hier die informationen über i2roam. auch nachzulesen unter http://www.i2roam.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Global Coverage - Dialup and Wireless HotSpots Only

Enable users to access the iPass global virtual network through thousands of dial-up, Wi-Fi and broadband locations in more than 150 countries

Count on redundant providers, iPass Enterprise Ready testing and the patented Service Quality Management system for safe, reliable connections

No Monthly Account Fee for Basic iPass Account..See Rate Card Below

With mobile employees making their way from here to there—and everywhere in between today—global connectivity equals high availability and increased workforce productivity. Make sure your nomadic employees are outfitted with iPass Corporate Access™, so they can get the connections they need from virtually everywhere they roam. Our core connectivity service links them to your enterprise resources over the world's largest virtual network.

iPass integrates more than 300 provider networks into a single service covering over 103,000 access points today, including:

Thousands of dial access points in more than 150 countries including multiple redundant network providers in thousands of cities to protect against single-provider outages.

More than 71,000 Wi-Fi hotspot and Ethernet hotel broadband locations in more than 70 countries, including venues from top-tier providers such as STSN, Wayport, SBC FreedomLink and T-Mobile USA, Inc. in the U.S.; T-Mobile Europe; BT Openzone and Swisscom Eurospot in Europe; NTT and Yahoo! BB in Japan; and China Telecom in China.

Over 340 airports, including 55 of the top 100 busiest by passenger volume, and more than 13,000 hotels around the world.

High-Speed Connection Guide

Broadband Access That Keeps Up with You
    You're always on the go. Fortunately, high-speed access from iPass is as mobile as you are. The iPassConnect™ software on your notebook can bring you effortless broadband connections over the world's largest network of Wi-Fi and Ethernet access points. More than 71,000 locations in 70 countries, including the T-Mobile® HotSpot network in the US and Europe. So go with it!

Convenient Locations. No matter where life takes you, chances are there's iPass broadband access nearby—at major hotel chains, conference centers, airports, coffee shops and other popular spots.

Secure Connections. State-of-the-art iPass security protects your passwords and your data on the road. You get trusted connections—no compromises.

More Productivity. Surf, share and respond faster. Get your work done, and get on with life.

Start It Up
    Give our broadband access a try. Once you're at a venue with iPass Wi-Fi or Ethernet, just follow these four steps:

Make sure your Wi-Fi card is enabled and start your computer (for wired Ethernet, just plug in the cable).

Open the iPassConnect client.

Select "Available Wireless Network" or enter your location to find one.

Enter user credentials and click OK.

Don't have broadband access through your iPassConnect client? Ask your IT manager to enable this valuable service for you.

Go and the Network Will Follow

Only iPass combines hotspots from providers around the world—including T-Mobile HotSpot and SBC FreedomLink in the U.S, T-Mobile Europe, BT Openzone in the UK and many more—to give you access to the world's largest virtual network of Wi-Fi and Ethernet access points.

With iPass you get all of these locations, and more!

Airports and Airline Lounges: over 390 airports including Chicago O'Hare (ORD), London Heathrow (LHR), Haneda Tokyo (HND), Charles DeGaulle Paris (CDG), and more with coverage at over 75% of the top 100 most traveled airports around the world

Cafés and Restaurants: Starbucks, Café Nero, Deli France, and McDonald's

Hotels*: Marriott, Radisson SAS, Hyatt, Hilton, Wyndham, Holiday Inn, Ramada, Sheraton, Ritz-Carlton, La Quinta, Four Seasons, Renaissance, Best Western and Intercontinental

Other Popular Spots: Kinko's FedEx, Borders, Barnes & Noble bookstores, The UPS Store® and Mail Boxes Etc.®

* Availability at specific hotel locations varies; many, but not all venues from these hoteliers are included in the iPass network.
    How Much Will it Cost?

The cost of roaming varies depending on the local number you call with iPASS. There is no monthly fee with the basic plan in addition to incremental usage charges. Most United States POPs will be charged at a rate of $0.049 per minute (i2Roam bills by the second, so if you are connected for only 3 minutes, your are billed for only 3 minutes), which is much less than our competitors who do not charge a monthly fee, but higher hourly roaming rate; the price for international POPs will vary. Most of our customers come from other iPass providers who charge no fee but higher hourly rates. In most cases, i2Roam per hour usage rate is 30 percent less.

NOTE: Our prices include use of SMTP Mail Transport Servers which is critical to Internet Roaming. Most iPass providers DO NOT provide this service because they do not know how to relay mail over their mail servers for all 60,000 POPS! Many of our customers come to us complaining of email transport problems with their current roaming provider. We have solved the anti-relaying error plaguing the internet roaming industry!

Rate Card:

Individual:

Basic Plan: There is no monthly charge for the basic iPass account which includes modem access, wireless hotspot access, T-Mobile and Boeing Connexion Access. You are only responsible for your usage charges. You must have a valid credit card on file to keep the account active.

Enhanced Monthly Plan: $ 4.99 per month plus actual iPass usage charges. Includes 2 email accounts and website hosting for your personal/business domain.

Lifetime Plan: $ 49.95 one-time lifetime subscription includes email account, no website hosting, then only your actual iPass usage charges each month.

Corporate ( 5 users or more billed to one credit card*) :

Monthly Plan $25.00 per month plus individual usage, unlimited users. Includes administration interface to add/delete users, change passwords, and view invoice detail. Includes SMTP server to transport mail outside of firewall. No setup fee. Please call for more information. Corporate Customers may also take advantage of our Website Hosting and Standard Email and Corporate Webmail Service, no company is too large or too small.

You can run your SMTP mail over our network as long as your account is in good standing, you may not be able to do this over other networks.

Since there are over 40,000 POPs worldwide on the iPass network, it is best to download the iPass Dialer (Click Here to Download) then load the dialer on your computer and simply run the program. Next to the City of choice you will see the price listed as a per hour rate; however, i2Roam bills by the second.

i2Roam can not guarantee service in all POPs listed. We do not control any of the POPs that are on iPASS. So if you go to South Africa and with hopes of using the iPASS system and the numbers provided for the area you visit are not working or you have difficulty, you have no recourse against i2Roam or iPass.

T-Mobile HotSpots Rates

The rate is the same for T-Mobile HotSpots such as Starbucks or Barnes and Noble bookstore as if you had a T-Mobile Account. You get charged a flat rate of $9.99 per day when you log on to a T-Mobile HotSpot, and you can log on to that HotSpot as many times as you wish during the HotSpot day which is anytime up to 11:59pm in the Time Zone of the HotSpot. So any connect after 11:59 pm will result in a new day charged to your account for T-Mobile Access.

Boeing ConneXion

Access the internet with your iPass account while flying on Boeing ConneXion fitted aircraft. Most major airlines are outfitting aircraft with this service.

iPass HotSpots and Broadband Access Rates

If you connect to an iPass HotSpot at a Hotel or Airport, the price is billed per minute as low as 9.9 cents per minute in many US iPass HotSpots and Wired Hotel Venues. Prices range from 9.9 cents per minute to 14 cents per minute. There is a daily cap of between $13.39 and $24.99, meaning that some of our wireless carriers will stop charging once you have hit this dollar amount. This is useful if you have underestimated the amount of time you were expecting on the hotspot.

*Invoicing and Billing

The charges for the i2Roam-iPass Global Internet Roaming service will be on a per second charge basis and will be charged to your personal or corporate credit card and the usage/invoice is posted online for you to view and print out . Sorry no snail mail invoicing available, but we do post your invoice online the same day we bill your credit card for easy download.

Usage is based upon pricing in the Dial-up and Broadband Regions, as described below. Time billed is actual connect time.

*i2Roam was the first to initiate the "Lifetime Account", many of our competitors are now offering Lifetime accounts for half of what i2Roam, LLC charges or no account fee at all; however, i2Roam has been a roaming provider for many years with redundant equipment on redundant networks, our network is second to none. Although iPass is a trademark for service, the service is still authenticated on the i2Roam network as well as SMTP mail service. Most of our competitors are using a single server, one piece of equipment to run their iPass service. We have invested substantially in Silicon Graphics IRIX, Compaq Linux Servers, and Cisco Routers running over 3 independent networks and 3 locations, in two States. When you are in Tokyo, you need know that your account(s) are going to get connected, and not be at the mercy of a thunderstorm or computer failure at the point of authentication (i2Roam), you get what you pay for with i2Roam, LLC.

If you are looking to sign up more than 1 user for your company, we have Business Plans which are usually more cost effective than the individual web sign-up form. Please contact Tim Murray at tmurray@i2roam.com or 866-811-6209 for details about our Business Plans.

A. Dial-Up Regions. Only dial-up, ISDN and PHS POPs are included in the following Regions (each a "Dial-Up Region").

Dial-up Region (each as defined below) Price per Minute
    A (North America)
    $.04-.05
    B (Western Europe)
    $0.12
    C (Asia Pacific 1)
    $0.12
    D (Latin America 1)
    $0.16
    E (E. Europe, Asia Pacific 2 & Latin America 2)
    $.12-.18
    F (Middle East, Africa, Rest of World)
    $0.27
    G (North America Toll Free)
    $0.25
    H (Western Europe Toll Free)
    $0.27
    I (Asia Pacific 1 Toll Free)
    $0.27
    J (Latin America 1 Toll Free)
    $0.37
    K (Rest of World Toll Free)
    $0.37

Each of the following regions is a "Dial-Up Region" under this agreement.

Region A ("North America"): United States, Canada (except for POPs included in Region G and United States Territories)

Region B ("Western Europe"): Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom (except for POPs included in Region H)

Region C ("Asia Pacific 1"): Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand (except for POPs included in Region I)

Region D ("Latin America 1"): Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Uruguay (except for POPs included in Region J)

Region E ("Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific 2, Latin America 2"): Albania, Aruba, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Bermuda, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji Islands, French Guiana, Gibraltar, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Jamaica, Latvia, Lithuania, Macau, Macedonia, Malta, Martinique, Mongolia, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Saipan Island, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands, Ukraine, U.S. Virgin Islands, Vietnam, Yugoslavia (except for POPs included in Region K)

Region F ("Middle East, Africa, Rest of World"): All locales not included in Regions A, B, C, D, E above (except for POPs included in Region K)

Region G ("North America Toll Free"): All Toll Free POPs in the United States and Canada.

Region H ("Western Europe Toll Free "): All Toll Free POPs in Region B

Region I ("Asia Pacific 1 Toll Free "): All Toll Free POPs in Region C

Region J ("Latin America 1 Toll Free "): All Toll Free POPs in Region D

Region K ("Rest of World Toll Free "): All Toll Free POPs in Regions E or F

Broadband Regions. Only broadband POPs are included in the following Regions (each a "Broadband Region", and together with the Dial-Up Regions, "Regions"). The POPs included in a Broadband Region are those commercially available as of the Effective Date of this Agreement, and any others in such geographical area added thereafter unless i2Roam gives Customer advance written notice of a new Broadband Region for Broadband POPs added after the Effective Date and the pricing associated therewith, in which case such POPs shall be included only in such new Broadband Region, and not in any of the Broadband Regions listed below.

BROADBAND PRICING EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 15, 2002: iPass is redefining the standard for Broadband Access pricing effective November 15, 2002. Broadband usage will be based up on the same regional pricing as the Dial-Up regions, and be pro-rated to the second, as with the dial-up access. Some providers offer similar plans today, but typically require a monthly minimum or monthly access fee. iPass's Global Broadband Roaming (GBR) plan is a "pay as you go" pricing model, eliminating the multiple full day usage charges that users have had to incur if they accessed broadband at airport terminals and hotels in the same day. The pricing effective November 15, 2002, is:

Broadband Region As defined below)

Wireless Rate per Minute

Wired Rate per Minute

A.BB North America

$0.099-0.14

$0.099-0.14

B.BB Western Europe

$0.25 w/Daily Cap of $30.00

$0.25 w/Daily Cap of $30.00

C.BB Asia Pacific 1

$0.099-0.45

$0.099-0.45

L.BB Others

$0.099-0.45

$0.099-0.45
    SwisComm Eurospot $32.00 Per Day Flat Rate Only $32.00 Per Day Flat Rate Only
    T-Mobile HotSpot North America $9.99 Per Day Flat Rate Only $9.99 Per Day Flat Rate Only
    T-Mobile HotSpot Europe 25 c/min, Daily Cap $30 25 c/min, Daily Cap $30

Each of the following regions is a "Broadband Region" under this agreement.

Region A.BB ("North America"): United States, Canada (except for United States Territories)

Region B.BB ("Western Europe"): Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom

Region C.BB ("Asia Pacific 1"): Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand

Region L.BB ("Others"): All other countries not included in regions specified above

• Oh, sorry.. Mein Letzter Beitrag klang fast so, als ob ich mit "Bude" sunrise meinte. dem ist nicht so.. Daher kann ich dir auch keine weiteren Infos geben..

• Dann gibts es noch Plan B:

Sich in Island eine Computerzeitschrift kaufen, da hats sicher n Starterkit oder Dialler fuer nen islaendischen ISP dabei, dann das installieren und abgehts.

Media: Synology 2x2TB , Popcorn v8, Sonos ZP120, ZP90, 2 Play5, 4 Play1
    Laptop: Thinkpad X220 - I7 , IPS, 16GB DDR3, 256GB SSD + PE4H + GTX580
    Coffee: DC Mini / 2x Vario v2 / Gene CBR-101

• okay wie gesagt der kunde ist DAU sprich hat keine ahnung von nix - ich soll das in der schweiz für ihn vorbereiten und feddisch is...
    ich hab jetzt mal 'nem herrn murray von der firma i2roam 'ne anfrage geschickt, ob er 'nen free ISP weiss - ma schaun ob was zurück kommt...

• lol, ich glaube kaum, dass das geht. oder glaubst du ein mitarbeiter wuerde dir einen gratiszugang der konkurrenz vermitteln ?

ich wuerde eher ein island reiseforum (i.e http://www.geysir.com/deutsch/forum/list.php?f=1) oder ein islaendisches computerforum bemuehen.

• wieso konkurrenz? ipass ist ja kein free isp als solches, es ist mühsam da rein zu kommen und die mitarbeiter scheinen ignoranten zu sein - ich hab noch immer keine antwort auf mein mail von letztem freitag...
    naja wie dem auch sei, ich habs jetzt mal ins geysir forum geschrieben und hoffe da auf antwort...

• Die leben ja davon, dass sie Roamingabonnemente verkaufen, deswegen werden sie dir wohl kaum Auskuenfte von der |Art "ja, in Island musst du nur 0800-123456 waehlen und dann brauchst du gar keinen Vertrag bei uns." geben.